Youth in Action – Credit to New Credit is a collaboration between Ecosource and the Mississauga of the Credit First Nation. The program brings together Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth (15-30 years old) to design and lead service-oriented environmental stewardship projects, while offering an opportunity to develop leadership skills and centre Indigenous history, cultural practices, and teachings.
Over a course of seven months, participants will take part in 10 workshops in the Region of Peel and New Credit to pursue community engagement projects of their own. Participants will gain 120 community service hours throughout the program. Transportation will be provided or subsidized. Applications are now open for the two cohorts for the program. The first cohort will begin in May and the second cohort will begin in June.
Please note applications to the program are now closed.
- Promote civic engagement among Canadian youth through committed environmental and sustainability services opportunities
- Enhance participants’ readiness for leadership roles and community participation
- Help youth develop valuable skills that will benefit them in life and work
- Foster greater cultural understanding between Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth
- Increase participants’ understanding of environmental stewardship and Indigenous history, cultural practices, and teachings
To request more information, please contact the program coordinator shannon lee stirling at email@example.com or (905) 274-6222 ext. 303.