Elementary School Virtual Waste Workshops
Interactive virtual curriculum-connected lessons based on local and contemporary waste issues
The Region of Peel’s Waste Workshops, delivered by Ecosource, engage students in contemporary waste issues and foster critical thinking through interactive virtual learning and exploration. These curriculum-connected workshops are offered to individual classes (Grades 2- 8) across the Region of Peel. The program, led by qualified and knowledgeable educators, aims to inspire change in waste reduction practices and study in each classroom by creating awareness amongst students, teachers, and administrators.
Both in-person and online classes can book their virtual Waste Workshop for September to December 2021 using the booking form below. Workshops may be held in-school in January 2022, depending on Covid-19 health & safety protocols. If you’d like to book in-school Workshops for your school, please email us at email@example.com.
WORKSHOP INFORMATION (Please read before booking your workshop)
- Each session is free of charge.
- This program is available to classes learning virtually and in-person across the Region of Peel.
- All virtual presentations will be held via Google Meet, MS Teams, or Zoom.
- Please note that we are only able to deliver one workshop per class. This includes split grade classes. If you are booking a workshop for a split grade class, we ask that you please choose the Workshop grade that you feel would best fit the learning experience of your class.
- Once booked, one of our presenters will reach out to you with further instructions within 1 week of your scheduled Workshop date via email.
- All bookings must be made at least 1 week in advance.
- We encourage all teachers to book their Workshop through our online booking system below, however, if you have a request that requires our assistance, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow this step-by-step process to book your Waste Workshop
- Read through the “Workshop Information” section above.
- Scroll down until you see the booking calendar titled “Book Your Waste Workshop”.
- Search through the calendar and select a date and timing that works best for your schedule.
- Click on the timeslot that you prefer on the date that you have selected.
- When taken to the online booking form, please complete all the required fields to confirm your booking. If you are booking on behalf of another teacher, please enter their contact information.
- Click “Save Booking”. You will receive an email confirming that your Workshop has been booked.
We look forward to delivering your Waste Workshop! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Emergency cancellations: We recognize that situations arise and cancellations may happen because of emergencies. If these emergency circumstances do arise, Ecosource and the registered school will try to rebook the workshop for an alternate date. In cases where programs are rebooked for the current school year, no cancellation fee will apply.
Cancellations with Short Notice: We are a non-profit and rely upon our program bookings to maintain consistent funding. Cancellations made on short notice create scheduling challenges and thus, participating school who cancel will be subjected to cancellation fees in order to help us cover the costs of materials and staffing.
Waste Workshops which are cancelled within less than 14 days notice are subject to a $25 cancellation fee per class.
Cancellation Process: To cancel a booking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a receipt of cancellation.