The Community Cultivators program is back!
New volunteer opportunity for older adults!
This program is FREE and open to all community members aged 55+. All skill levels are welcome!
About Senior Cultivators:
As an Ecosource Cultivator, you will help us steward community gardens and grow food for local food banks. You will also have the opportunity to learn about creating value-added products from the garden. In exchange, we will give you the training, skills and confidence to manage your own garden, and hands-on experience to put your learning into action.
You commit to:
• A 2 hour training session once a month from May to October
• 2-3 hours per week stewarding an Ecosource community garden from May to October
• Putting your learning to use by co-leading end-of-season workshops for community gardeners on garlic planting and garden closure in September and October
• Eight workshops covering the basics of small-scale sustainable agriculture
• Grow fresh, organic food and create value added products for Mississauga food banks, Ecosource’s #GrownInMississauga social enterprise project and to take a portion home
• A certificate of recognition for your volunteer commitment and the skills you have acquired in sustainable urban agriculture
• New friends and social connections
• The satisfaction of increasing access to fresh and healthy food in your community
This is NOT a drop-in program! We ask that participants make a commitment for the duration of the program. Those interested in becoming Senior Cultivators, please contact Laura Penney at email@example.com or call 905-274-6222 ext. 310.
Ecosource is an innovative environmental organization that inspires the community to become more environmentally responsible through creative public education. The Senior Cultivators Program connects residents in Mississauga neighbourhoods with gardening spaces that encourage active, healthy living and help green the city. This program is generously supported through the Government of Ontario’s Senior Community Grant.