Youth in Action – Credit Connections is a collaboration between Ecosource and the Mississauga of the Credit First Nation. The program engages Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth (15-30 years old) to design and lead service-oriented environmental stewardship projects, while offering an opportunity to develop leadership skills and centre Indigenous history, cultural practices, and teachings.
Over a course of approximately ten months, participants will take part in workshops in the Region of Peel and Mississauga of the Credit to pursue community engagement projects of their own. Participants will gain 120 community service hours throughout the program.
The program will begin online through webinars and continue with in person field trips once physical distancing measures have been lifted. Transportation will be provided or subsidized.
- Promote civic engagement among Canadian youth through committed environmental and sustainability services opportunities
- Enhance participants’ readiness for leadership roles and community participation
- Help youth develop valuable skills that will benefit them in life and work
- Foster greater cultural understanding between Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth
- Increase participants’ understanding of environmental stewardship and Indigenous history, cultural practices, and teachings
To request more information, please contact the program coordinator Susana Goncalves at email@example.com.