Corporate Engagement Opportunities
Join Us in the Gardens
Ecosource works to increase access to fresh, healthy food for communities in need. Every year, we grow and donate over 1,500 pounds of fresh produce to local food banks. And we couldn’t do it without you, our local business community!
Our Corporate Engagement program is designed to engage up to 30 employees in fun, social and physical activities at our 15,000 square-foot Iceland Teaching Garden. (For smaller groups, we sometimes have opportunities available at other community garden locations.) We offer full or half-day seasonal activities.
- At our Iceland Teaching Garden (705 Matheson Blvd East), we require a minimum of 10 participants and a maximum of 30. (We may be able to customize an activity for smaller groups at other community garden locations.)
- There is no cost to participate, however we encourage companies to consider making a donation to support our staff time and charitable programming. Charitable tax receipts are available for all corporate and individual donors.
- Tasks require some physical fitness (some more than others, for example, moving soil).
For employee engagement opportunities, please call email email@example.com.
Staff from the Greater Toronto Airports Authority recently volunteered their time in the Iceland Teaching Garden. The Human Resources & Corporate Services Departments said, “It was a truly rewarding experience to embrace the challenging work and come together to realize the impact that a small Toronto Pearson team can make in the community in just a few short hours. The team is looking forward to going back in the spring!”
Waste Reduction for Businesses in Peel Region
Improve waste reduction in the workplace with Work to Reduce
Do you want to improve recycling and composting in your workplace? Ecosource is proud to announce its Work to Reduce program, developed exclusively for businesses in Peel Region. Ecosource will help you:
– Set specific waste reduction targets
– Provide engaging and educational activities for co-workers/staff that encourage behaviour-change around waste disposal
– Complete two waste audits (before and after program participation)
– Design customized waste bin signage specifically for your company
This program complements environmental consultation through the implementation of a step-by-step process that encourages a culture of environmental literacy. Whether you want to improve your reputation as a green business leader, be recognized for sustainable business awards, or reduce the cost of waste hauling over the long term, we can help.
Program costs vary depending on company size. Funds earned from this program go towards helping us achieve our mission of delivering creative environmental education in Peel Region and beyond.
If you would be interested in working with Ecosource, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Arielle Navarra, Waste Reduction Campaigns Coordinator, at (905) 274-6222 ext. 303.