WasteWatchers is a dynamic partnership between Ecosource and select Mississauga schools. This engaging program provides middle and secondary schools with support to increase school sustainability practices through waste audits and whole school waste reduction campaigns.
It’s Time to Lose Waste! WasteWatchers is a great opportunity to launch a fun and engaging campaign, gain points towards your EcoSchools certification, and take action to green your school – all with the assistance and support of an Ecosource staff member. Ecosource has been conducting whole-school environmental programs for over 10 years and we have tailored the experience to middle and secondary schools through our WasteWatchers Program. The program is designed to be flexible and adapt to the needs of each school community through waste audits, whole school campaigns and assemblies, in-class workshops, and more!
Why Become a WasteWatchers School? Since its inception in 2011, The WasteWatchers program has developed meaningful partnerships and long-lasting changes in schools throughout Mississauga. In this time we have engaged over 21,000 students and 1,700 school staff in hands-on waste reduction initiatives. Some program features include:
- Fostering strong partnerships and nurturing behaviour changes with whole-school communities including staff, students, parents, and custodians.
- Reducing waste in schools and tackling school-specific issues associated to recycling contamination, bottled water, food waste, lunchtime packaging, and paper overuse.
- Providing numerous in-school leadership opportunities for students, classrooms, and green teams.
- Adapting program components to support class curriculum and to meet individual school needs.
The Program Each year, select schools are accepted to participate in this unique program. As part of the program, each school is provided with the support of a dedicated Ecosource staff member who works in close here eldepryl partnership with buy loxitane your school to facilitate whole-school waste audits, accompanying waste reduction initiatives, staff professional development opportunities, and more!
- Two fully facilitated school waste audits that allow for the creation of school-specific waste reduction initiatives.
- School-wide, action-based campaign designed to raise awareness and reduce waste production specific to your school.
- One professional development workshop for school staff (optional).
- Leadership training and support triphala cost for students, classrooms, and environmental clubs.
Act Now! Each academic year, we accept a number of Mississauga schools to participate in the WasteWatchers Program. The selection process is competitive and we encourage interested schools to submit an application at their earliest convenience. A registration donation of $50.00 is requested to cover the entire program and all resources, supplies and materials needed to complete the components outlined above. Ecosource is committed to assuring our programs are open and accessible to all schools within Mississauga. Any school may apply for a subsidy to cover the WasteWatchers donation fee.
For more information or to obtain an application for the WasteWatchers program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your stories!