Full Time, 35 hours per week July 2017-August 2018 with possible extension
Who we are: The Peel Environmental Youth Alliance (PEYA) is a network of action-oriented students in Peel concerned about environmental issues and determined to make a positive change! PEYA is a project of Ecosource. Ecosource is an innovative environmental organization that empowers the community to become more environmentally responsible through creative public education. We specialize in hands-on programming that aims to increase environmental sustainability in Peel Region and beyond.
The Position: Ecosource is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and organized individual to coordinate the PEYA project, which involves supporting the student Executive Committee of PEYA to develop and maintain a youth-directed environmental network in Peel Region. The network offers peer support and participates in action campaigns in collaboration with community partners.
- Collaborating with community partners and youth members to organize environmentally-focused, engaging and impactful events and campaigns for youth in Peel
- Liaising with PEYA’s community partners on program development and policy-making
- Evaluating programming through focus groups and surveys
- Supporting PEYA Executive Committee and Advisory Committee in the development and delivery of PEYA programming
- Coordinating regular communication with PEYA’s membership through the e-newsletter, social media streams and the PEYA website
- Coordinating outreach events, networking meetings and educational workshops delivered by PEYA
- Coordinating large-scale events such as the EcoBuzz Conference, the Amazing Green Race, Stewardship Day, and PEYA summer and winter retreats
- Delivering and coordinating PEYA Executive and member training
- Acting as a representative of PEYA and Ecosource to media and at community meetings
- Tracking of program statistics, impact of programming in the community, reporting and budget management
- Fundraising in collaboration with Ecosource staff
- The successful candidate must be a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or refugee and under the age of 30 and a recent graduate
- Post-secondary education in environmental studies, education, science, technology, engineering, math or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience and enthusiasm in working with youth age 13-24 to support positive environmental change
- Strong knowledge of local environmental issues in Peel
- Experience with in-school, student-led environmental actions; knowledge of best practices in youth engagement and demonstrated ability to facilitate effective youth-adult partnerships and support youth-initiated environmental action
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, and computer skills including all MS Office software applications and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation applications
- Excellent networking and public speaking skills
- Sense of humour, creativity, and a team oriented work ethic
- Experience with social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) and website (WordPress) maintenance
- Energetic, flexible, and self-motivated
- Familiarity with the City of Mississauga and the Region of Peel is considered an asset, as is experience working and/or other diverse communities and the non-profit sector
- Applicants are required to hold a valid “G’ driver’s license and must have access to a reliable vehicle
- This is a full time (35 hours per week) contract position. Frequent evening and weekend work will be required. Annual salary commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package is offered.
- Qualified applicants please submit a cover letter and resume as a Word document or PDF detailing how your experience matches with each of the qualifications listed for this position, and outlining that you have access to a vehicle via e-mail to: Kelven Goodridge, Sustainability Education Centre Manager, email@example.com
- Interviews are planned for late June with a start date in mid-July 2017. A Vulnerable Sector Police Record Search will be required upon hiring. Ecosource offers a great team-oriented work environment with excellent opportunities for skills expansion. Ecosource provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.
- Deadline for applications is Friday, June 16, 2017
Please note that resumes without a cover letter, or generic cover letters and resumes, will not be reviewed. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Fundraising and Communications Consultant
Application Deadline: June 25, 2017
Application must include: Specific cover letter and resume
Send Application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date: July 3, 2017
Contract: 6-months with option to extend
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The Fundraising and Communications Consultant will work with Ecosource’s management team to enhance its current collaborative fundraising efforts and help diversify its revenue streams by providing prospecting, donor development and additional grant-writing expertise. The successful candidate will work collaboratively on strategic communications projects with other administrative and communications staff as well as support ongoing communications needs and participate in strategic planning and evaluation. The selected consultant will help develop the organization’s base of financial support by scaling its current corporate engagement activities, initiate corporate sponsorship opportunities, and ensure the corporate engagement program’s success by providing timely evaluation and feedback. The selected candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the management team to support a variety of fundraising and communications projects.
The Fundraising and Communications Consultant position is new, and Ecosource expects that this new position will become permanent.
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience and a proven track record in development, corporate and community engagement, and communications
- 5+ years of experience working with corporate and community volunteers in a fundraising or organizational role
- Experienced in the non-profit, charitable and environmental sectors, and familiarity with community investment models is an asset.
- Must be able to travel and attend events at various locations
- Excellent research, writing, and editing skills, with significant experience preparing funding proposals and reports
- Developed prospecting expertise for government and foundation grants
- Familiar with corporate expectations for corporate engagement activities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, independent, committed self-starter
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Experience with CRM and database applications as well as Adobe Creative Suite are assets.
- Must be flexible and hard-working with a good sense of humour.